Please login to be able to see news limited to registered residents.
Published on July 17, 2020 | In News
In Sarasota County’s continued effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, and to help better protect the community and our employees, the following changes are in effect for Solid Waste facilities:
YARD WASTE COLLECTION SERVICES SUSPENDED
Effective Monday, July 20, Sarasota County will be temporarily suspending the curbside collection of yard waste for up to three weeks due to the impacts of COVID-19 being experienced by Waste Management staffing. Curbside garbage and recycling collection will continue to run with no changes in service. Residents wishing to dispose of yard waste during the service suspension may use the Central County Landfill. Standard disposal fees will apply.
Visit the Sarasota County website for the latest information.
Published on June 30, 2020 | In News
The courts are moving right along. If the weather cooperates they should be finished by the end of this week. However, they will not be ready for play until Monday, July 6th.
– LOJ Board of Directors
Published on June 20, 2020 | In News
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Judie Gollwitzer
Vice President: Barbara O’Brien
Treasurer: Karen Hnatusko
Secretary: Joan High
Director: Fred Gossman
The LOJ Board has met several times to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. Each time we meet we determine what the next steps will be to get back to some degree of normal. Below are some of the decisions that were made at the June 19th meeting.
1. We voted to approve a Gap policy as an addendum to our existing insurance policy.
2. The pool hours will no longer be limited to a 5:00 PM closing beginning Monday, June 22nd. Closing time will revert back to DUSK. There will be signs posted addressing the Board’s limited ability to keep you safe from this virus or any virus. If you are on the recreational property, you are there at your own risk and need to fully understand the potential consequences of that choice. There will no longer be daily cleaning and sanitizing. Cleaning and sanitizing will be done once a week. If you need to use the facilities, you may want to bring disinfecting wipes from home. DO NOT FLUSH them down the toilet.
3. The new pickleball court design will begin on Tuesday, June 23rd, which will shut down the courts for approximately three weeks. Since weather could cause delays, the Board will notify you when the courts are again ready for play. You will have three pickleball courts and one tennis court for your enjoyment.
4. We are reviewing our security system for a variety of reasons;
a. power surge protection,
b. adequate camera coverage, and
c. DVR upgrade.
We will review it again at the next Board meeting, which is TBD and will be announced.
5. Hurricane season is upon us, and they are promising it will be an active season. As a result we realized our last property appraisal was done in 2012. We are all in favor of having the property appraised to its current value.
6. The ten white lounge chairs stacked over near the pool equipment will be sold. They were the best of the chairs we used to enjoy prior to purchasing the new set. Joan High will price them. If you are interested in purchasing some, let me know.
LOST AND FOUND
A religious necklace was found along the walking path. It has a crucifix and the virgin Mary on a silver chain. Call or email Judie if it is yours. 941-497-6368 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Judie Gollwitzer
LOJ Board of Director
Published on March 5, 2019 | In News
We are looking for the owner of some personal items found on the corner of Thistle Lake and Lake of the Woods. Contact Debby Davidson at 941-809-0990 Tomorrow, by noon, they will be turned into Keys-Caldwell at 941-408-8293.
Published on November 15, 2018 | In News
Parking of RVs,campers or motor homes at the LOJ Clubhouse is prohibited.
Violators will be towed away at Owners expense.
Published on September 27, 2018 | In News
Please be award that there are still barriers in the area. We ask that you remain aware of them as you enjoy the trail.
Your LOWofJ Board of Directors
Published on July 2, 2017 | In News
The LOWofJ Board of Directors would like to make the following statement (about invitations to join the next door social network)……..
Published on June 15, 2017 | In News
Residents are reminded that all pets should be on a leash and not running loose when off private property. This is a LOWofJ rule, as well as Sarasota County ordinance. Also be advised that there have been recent Bobcat sightings within the community which is another reason to keep close watch on our cherished pets.
Published on May 2, 2017 | In Lakes of Jacaranda News
-Attention all LOJ Residents and qualified Grassy Oaks Residents
To access the LOJ pool area and tennis courts, you must have a HID PASS CARD. The Pool and Tennis area PASS CARDS can be obtained by the property owners from Keys Caldwell, LOWofJ’s Property Manager, during normal business hours. Once issued a card, allow 2 business days (24 to 48 hrs) for your card to be activated. The card will NOT work untill activated.