Please login to be able to see news limited to registered residents.
Published on September 13, 2020 | In Park Estates News
I have a number of items I would like you to know about with regards to what is happening in Park Estates.
- – I know that it seems like forever (and it has been) since our roads were improved and resealed. That is about to change! Within the next two weeks you will see workers from North Port Seal Coating Company working on fixing the areas that need repair before the resealing can be completed. This will improve our roads immensely. You may remember seeing the “orange lines” painted on the roads a few months ago. Those are the areas that will be dug up and repaired for the sealing. During the time that this work is being done, North Port Seal Coating Company wants everyone to drive on the roads as they would normally do. This will help to pack down the areas that will be repaired and help to take the seal coating better. With that being said, the actually seal coating will commence the week of October 5, 2020. The roads will be seal coated in three different sections – Section 1 on Monday, October 5, 2020, (Purple): Entrance drive off Lake of the Woods Drive and Park Estates Square from Aston Woods Court to Waterwood Lane. Section 2 on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, (Blue): Aston Woods Court and Park Estates Square from Aston Woods Court to Park Estates Square (toward Cedarwood Lane Entrance). Section 3 on Friday, October 9, 2020, (Red – looks like a much narrower purple): Waterwood Lane and Park Estates Square from Waterwood Lane to Cedarwood Lane.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL RESIDENTS WILL BE RECEIVING A FLYER AT THEIR FRONT DOOR FROM NORTH PORT SEAL COATING TO OUTLINE THE PROJECT!
*** Notes to Home Owners ***
The information above has been supplied by North Port Seal Coating and Lake of the Woods of Jacaranda.
A reminder to all homeowners – the road repairs and recoating are now part of the Lake of the Woods of Jacaranda, thanks to an agreement a number of years ago, and this resealing is being paid by LOWoJ as part of our annual dues to LOWoJ and will not cost PE Homeowners Association anything from our current budget. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. And remember, the better we comply with the requests of the company and do not drive on the new seal coating for at least 24 hours the better our roads will look.
- – Please be aware of the following from a resident:
“I have found what I have identified as “poison pie” mushrooms in the park where we hold our picnics opposite the mailboxes. My dog Ellie ate half of one. We identified it by a picture and affirmed it with our Vet. I noticed that all of the mushrooms were gone, perhaps by a fellow dog owner who I had warned. Eating one causes gastro intestinal problems and effects the liver of dogs. On my walk this morning I noticed some of the same mushrooms growing in the lawns of homeowners where there is easy access to a dog taken for a walk. Would you please pass this note on so the dog owners who are living in our Park Estates neighborhood are aware of the mushrooms? They are white with a tan spot in the middle grey/brown underneath, grow flat to ground and pictured by attachment above. I’m not an expert on mushrooms so I may be put at ease by someone who is.” Please see attachment to e-mail for picture of this mushroom.
- – A reminder to all residents to occasionally review our covenants. There are a number of things in the covenants that are violations. If you see any violations, please report them to me or directly to Keys-Caldwell. Keys-Caldwell will in turn send out violation notices. This is done to maintain the beauty and esthetics for our homeowners. A few things that come to mind, no personal property is allowed to be left in the road overnight. This includes vehicles, children’s toys, trash bins (unless it is the night before trash), yard waste, etc. Another big violation is animal owners who do not pick up after their animals and leave behind the waste. This not only includes on homeowners property but on common areas as well. Someone has to pick it up and it should be the animal owner and not the homeowner or association.
- – A number of sidewalks in PE are beginning to lift or sink causing a liability for those people walking on our sidewalks. Within the next few weeks, members of the board will be walking around noting any sidewalks that are in need of repair, including the common areas sidewalks. We will then go out to bid to try and get the best price for the repair of the sidewalks. We will contact each homeowner, after we have a price, and offer them the same price that the association will pay to fix the common areas. More information will follow. We certainly don’t want to have major issues with liability because of bad sidewalks.
- – Park Estates Fall Fling Picnic will be cancelled this year due to COVID 19. I think most people are in agreement that this is the right call and look forward to doing something in the Spring of 2021. LOWoJ will have their Semi-Annual Yard Sale on Saturday, November 6, 2020, if anyone in Park Estates wishes to participate. Set up your tables and get ready to say hello!
- – Believe it our not, we are quickly approaching December and our annual meeting and voting for your board of directors. Currently Sharon Cullinan, President and Jason Brandt, Vice-President will serve out the 2nd year of their term. Kevin Edwards, Secretary, is finishing his second year, but is willing to stay on for another 2 years if that is the wish of the community. Greta Mahoney, Treasurer, and Charlie Pierce, Director, were both 1 year appointees to the board, and both have agreed to stay on the board for another 2 year’s. With that being said, if there is anyone in the Association who wishes to be part of the Board of Directors, please let me know. Nominations are accepted from the floor and a vote will be taken. So now is your time to stand up if you would like to do this.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me. I look forward to working with you again next year.
Sharon A Cullinan, President
Board of Directors
Park Estates Homeowners Association
Published on August 29, 2020 | In News
On Tuesday, September 1 & Wednesday, September 2 there will be large equipment working on the field by the LoW mailboxes on Cedarwood Lane. Please be alert if you plan to walk or drive near that area.
Published on July 17, 2020 | In News
In Sarasota County’s continued effort to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community, and to help better protect the community and our employees, the following changes are in effect for Solid Waste facilities:
YARD WASTE COLLECTION SERVICES SUSPENDED
Effective Monday, July 20, Sarasota County will be temporarily suspending the curbside collection of yard waste for up to three weeks due to the impacts of COVID-19 being experienced by Waste Management staffing. Curbside garbage and recycling collection will continue to run with no changes in service. Residents wishing to dispose of yard waste during the service suspension may use the Central County Landfill. Standard disposal fees will apply.
Visit the Sarasota County website for the latest information.
Published on June 30, 2020 | In News
The courts are moving right along. If the weather cooperates they should be finished by the end of this week. However, they will not be ready for play until Monday, July 6th.
– LOJ Board of Directors
Published on June 20, 2020 | In News
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Judie Gollwitzer
Vice President: Barbara O’Brien
Treasurer: Karen Hnatusko
Secretary: Joan High
Director: Fred Gossman
The LOJ Board has met several times to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. Each time we meet we determine what the next steps will be to get back to some degree of normal. Below are some of the decisions that were made at the June 19th meeting.
1. We voted to approve a Gap policy as an addendum to our existing insurance policy.
2. The pool hours will no longer be limited to a 5:00 PM closing beginning Monday, June 22nd. Closing time will revert back to DUSK. There will be signs posted addressing the Board’s limited ability to keep you safe from this virus or any virus. If you are on the recreational property, you are there at your own risk and need to fully understand the potential consequences of that choice. There will no longer be daily cleaning and sanitizing. Cleaning and sanitizing will be done once a week. If you need to use the facilities, you may want to bring disinfecting wipes from home. DO NOT FLUSH them down the toilet.
3. The new pickleball court design will begin on Tuesday, June 23rd, which will shut down the courts for approximately three weeks. Since weather could cause delays, the Board will notify you when the courts are again ready for play. You will have three pickleball courts and one tennis court for your enjoyment.
4. We are reviewing our security system for a variety of reasons;
a. power surge protection,
b. adequate camera coverage, and
c. DVR upgrade.
We will review it again at the next Board meeting, which is TBD and will be announced.
5. Hurricane season is upon us, and they are promising it will be an active season. As a result we realized our last property appraisal was done in 2012. We are all in favor of having the property appraised to its current value.
6. The ten white lounge chairs stacked over near the pool equipment will be sold. They were the best of the chairs we used to enjoy prior to purchasing the new set. Joan High will price them. If you are interested in purchasing some, let me know.
LOST AND FOUND
A religious necklace was found along the walking path. It has a crucifix and the virgin Mary on a silver chain. Call or email Judie if it is yours. 941-497-6368 or email@example.com
– Judie Gollwitzer
LOJ Board of Director
Published on March 5, 2019 | In News
We are looking for the owner of some personal items found on the corner of Thistle Lake and Lake of the Woods. Contact Debby Davidson at 941-809-0990 Tomorrow, by noon, they will be turned into Keys-Caldwell at 941-408-8293.
Published on November 15, 2018 | In News
Parking of RVs,campers or motor homes at the LOJ Clubhouse is prohibited.
Violators will be towed away at Owners expense.
Published on September 27, 2018 | In News
Please be award that there are still barriers in the area. We ask that you remain aware of them as you enjoy the trail.
Your LOWofJ Board of Directors
Published on July 2, 2017 | In News
The LOWofJ Board of Directors would like to make the following statement (about invitations to join the next door social network)……..
Published on June 15, 2017 | In News
Residents are reminded that all pets should be on a leash and not running loose when off private property. This is a LOWofJ rule, as well as Sarasota County ordinance. Also be advised that there have been recent Bobcat sightings within the community which is another reason to keep close watch on our cherished pets.