BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Judie Gollwitzer
Vice President: Barbara O’Brien
Treasurer: Karen Hnatusko
Secretary: Joan High
Director: Fred Gossman
The LOJ Board has met several times to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. Each time we meet we determine what the next steps will be to get back to some degree of normal. Below are some of the decisions that were made at the June 19th meeting.
1. We voted to approve a Gap policy as an addendum to our existing insurance policy.
2. The pool hours will no longer be limited to a 5:00 PM closing beginning Monday, June 22nd. Closing time will revert back to DUSK. There will be signs posted addressing the Board’s limited ability to keep you safe from this virus or any virus. If you are on the recreational property, you are there at your own risk and need to fully understand the potential consequences of that choice. There will no longer be daily cleaning and sanitizing. Cleaning and sanitizing will be done once a week. If you need to use the facilities, you may want to bring disinfecting wipes from home. DO NOT FLUSH them down the toilet.
3. The new pickleball court design will begin on Tuesday, June 23rd, which will shut down the courts for approximately three weeks. Since weather could cause delays, the Board will notify you when the courts are again ready for play. You will have three pickleball courts and one tennis court for your enjoyment.
4. We are reviewing our security system for a variety of reasons;
a. power surge protection,
b. adequate camera coverage, and
c. DVR upgrade.
We will review it again at the next Board meeting, which is TBD and will be announced.
5. Hurricane season is upon us, and they are promising it will be an active season. As a result we realized our last property appraisal was done in 2012. We are all in favor of having the property appraised to its current value.
6. The ten white lounge chairs stacked over near the pool equipment will be sold. They were the best of the chairs we used to enjoy prior to purchasing the new set. Joan High will price them. If you are interested in purchasing some, let me know.
LOST AND FOUND
A religious necklace was found along the walking path. It has a crucifix and the virgin Mary on a silver chain. Call or email Judie if it is yours. 941-497-6368 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– Judie Gollwitzer
LOJ Board of Director